Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March Blog Hop

Welcome to Club Scrap's March Blog Hop! This month we're playing with the Bookshelves kit. When it showed up at the beginning of the month I loved everything about it and knew immediately what I wanted to make with it. My favorite activity is reading. I'm a fast reader so I read a lot of books every year. I have never kept track of what I have read and always wish I had. So out of this month kit I made myself a journal to keep track of all the books that come through my hands. The book I'm sharing today was originally a project in the 2005 Road Trip stamp kit. All the papers & stamps come from the Bookshelves kit. The embellishments come from various other kits out of my odds and ends box. Before I stitched the book together I inked the edges of the paper to make it look like an old book. The book used 17 sheets of 8.5 x 11 inch card stock, 3 yards of waxed linen thread, (2) 5.75 x 8.75 pieces of book board, (2) 1 x 5 inch strips of paper and various embellishments. The best thing is I still have paper leftover to make a few cards or layouts if I want to. Love these kits!







Thanks for stopping by! Your next stop is Shona! If you're lost, you can go back to http://clubscrapcreates.blogspot.com/ to see who you missed.

23 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous book! I love all the details and the beadwork along the binding is stunning! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful book you made, Anne. Those embellishments look wonderful. Must be a feast to work in this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty Book! thank you for sharing your talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous ideas! A book of your book reading! I have a friend who blogs about the books she reads and then blogs about her top ten favorite books of the year. What a great way to keep track. See, you make a book of books you've read . . . I make a book of wines I've enjoyed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a terrific idea. Your book is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always wish I kept track of all the books I read, I need to be creative and make a reading journal, I love this idea. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great, I especially like the look of the inside front cover on that brown paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! Did you have book lists of your summer reading when you were a kid? I remember those--I used to have to staple multiple pages together for all the books I read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember those! I think I won a prize one summer from the public library for all the books I read. Thank you for coming by Toni!

      Delete
  9. Road Trip project!?!? Love it! The reading journal is such a great idea, you've inspired us all Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice book, Anne. Love all of the detail you have used. And the binding is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great book Anne! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great version of the stitched bound journal, Ann! I love the project, and your idea of how to use it. Very clever of you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a great journal and a brilliant idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this book, Anne! So clever and creative (I love to read, too!! oh yeah, and drink wine, so either your book or Tricia's would work for me!! - just gotta find the time to sit down and actually make one!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm loving all these little books! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you had so much fun w the album.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun idea, Anne! I have that Road Trip book project in my stash somewhere. I love that you guys are pulling out older stash. Yay! You should post this in the CS Project Thread too.

    ReplyDelete