Saturday, May 4, 2013

iNSD Blog Hop

Welcome to Club Scrap's National Scrapbook Day Blog Hop! If you didn't come here from Anne Marie's blog, please click the blog hop button on the left or here to start at the beginning. You don't want to miss any of the blogs and the wonderful projects being shared.

I've been playing this week with paints, stencils, ink and gesso. I started out with a blank sheet of dark blue card stock from Club Scrap's Spring Chorus kit. I painted a layer of gesso and then layered stencils with ink, Twinkling H2O's, and acrylic paint. This first picture shows what I painted. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the canvas before I cut it up.


This next picture is the first card that I've made with the canvas. I used white acrylic paint underneath the sentiment stamp. As it was drying I realized that it picked up some of the color from the water colors (Twinkling H2O's). I was pretty happy with the background. The picture doesn't show how shimmery it is from the Twinkling H2O's.

Thanks for coming! Your next stop along the way is Jen.

28 comments:

  1. Ann, your card is lovely! And thanks for sharing your artwork techniques too. Happy iNSD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy NSD, Ann! What a wonderful card. It is so much fun playing with paints etc. Backgrounds are so lovely to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of Kay's painted inspiration, too! We're on a roll. And I think that WM stamp is one of my favorites of all time. Beautiful card, Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great look with the gesso, and stencils & ink, I bet the twinkling H20's are awesome on this beautiful color scheme you chose. Beautiful card Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous artwork! I need to let go and layer stamps, stencils and colors. Thank you, Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning artwork, Ann! Dontcha just love those times where you can just "play" with techniques and create something beautiful? Thanks for sharing your art! Happy iNSD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is gorgeous! Love all the layers of art medium.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that technique paper. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! I wish I could see it for real~ gonna hafta try this one. I love anything that shimmers or sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card, fun ideas! i'll have to try this myself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card.... gesso is a fun medium!!! Happy National Scrapbooking Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice background technique - great card

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful colors and I love that stamp, one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those projects like this where you start with media full layered paper you mess on . Every part looks a little different when used on a card Thanks for being in the hop

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous - I can see you and I would get along marvelously - Love playing with paper, paint, ink, you-name-it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have the right idea when playing with paper and ink. Just paint, ink and stencil a bunch of paper. The end result is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply beautiful! Layers of various media create such an interesting background. AND you used one of my most favorite stamps! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card. Love how you made the background, really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is lovely. What a great idea. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the backgrounds. Your card turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your backgrounds are so cool. I have seen painting white to add words before, and you really did an awesome job. I'm still intimidated by it, but you make it look so easy. TFS and being such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty! I love how you created the backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is the second thing I have seen today where the white paint really pops, I think we tend to forget how good white can look when we have all these colors to work with ;)

    ReplyDelete