Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Welcome to the May Cape Cod Blog Hop! If you came here from Anne's blog you're on the right track. If not, you might want to start at Club Scrap Creates blog where the complete list of bloggers is located.

This kit is a wonderfully versatile kit. With yummy red, white & blue colors with a splash of grey it can be used for light houses, beach pictures, patriotic layouts/cards, etc. I have a card and a layout to share with you today. You can pick it up here.

The card highlights the stencil that came in the kit. I started out with the white printed card stock. I then stenciled CS WOW Red and CS Sapphire blue inks. It made a nice grid. The edges were distressed with the Tonic paper distresser tool. Then CS Ash ink was brushed onto the edges. After all was dry I painted white acrylic paint in the center. The sentiment was stamped after the paint dried. The light house was stamped on a white piece of card stock, colored/painted with water color pencils and then cut out and attached with foam squares for some dimension. The red striped ribbon came in the embellishment side of the kit.
 

The layout was done using the Cape Cod digital kit and a blended template by Studio Rosey Posey. I love how my pictures of the Pacific Ocean beach goes with Cape Cod!



Thank you again for joining me. Hope you like my projects! Your next stop is Jen's blog.

14 comments:

  1. Ah great card and scrapbook page. I see you love that stencil too and looks perfect on the card in two colors.The digits; page makes me want to go to the beach, but today we have rain and it is cold. Hopefully summer is here soon, meanwhile I keep on looking at your page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, your digi layout is wonderful, and your are right, the Pacific Ocean pics are perfect with your layout choice. The card is stunning. Love the stenciling and paint combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow--two FABULOUS art pieces from this collection. The stenciling on the card with paint is awesome! (I'm glad you waited for the paint do dry before stamping on it. That's where I went wrong with the Spring Chorus Club Stamp project.) Thanks for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the red and blue on the stencil. Perfect background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the stenciling...and very clever how you painted a swath of white acrylic paint for the stamping surface for the sentiment. Love your digi layout, too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is my new favorite stencil. So many ideas. Love the stenciling on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the wonderful layout you did with this kit, perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card and the layout Anne! The paint on the card is such a cool touch and I love the layering of the photos on your layout. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects Anne! Love the acrylic painted area on the card for the sentiment, turned out so cool - and that layout is great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how your stamping on paint turned out! The highlighted lighthouse really pops on your digi layout. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card and LO. I like how you added the white paint over the stencil. It is a cool look. I'd like to try that technique sometime. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really like how you used the paint to make the landing space for the sentiment. Easy, but so artsy!

    ReplyDelete