Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Welcome to Club Scrap's Wisteria Blog Hop! So glad you're here. If you came from Anne's blog great! If not please go to Club Scrap Creates blog and start at the beginning. You don't want to miss any of the amazing projects.

I decided to do something different this month from what I usually share. When this kit came, I loved the purples and especially the flowers. I have always wanted Wisteria growing on my front porch. Unfortunately, the home I live in doesn't have a front porch, but maybe some day it will be growing over my back patio. I have some blank canvas that I've been wanting to do something with. This kit made me think of my mom. So I decided to include a picture of my mom on the canvas.

I pulled out a bunch of Twinkling H2O's that matched the kit and I painted some random stripes.


I then tore out the Wisteria from the top of one of the papers in the senior kit and glued it down to the top of the canvas. I didn't get a picture but I then took white acrylic paint and painted lightly over the top of the paper and canvas. I then stamped some Wisteria on the canvas using Gelato's. Those didn't show up as well but it added some more texture and depth.

I picked up a new toy a few months ago. Martha Stewart crafts have a kewl cutter that cuts doilies. So I had to cut out a couple of doilies from more paper in the kit. I also cut out part of the fence design that was on the same paper as the Wisteria in the previous picture.

I stamped the As long as we have memories stamp on another scrap of paper that the Wisteria and the fence piece came from, tore and inked the edges and mounted it with foam squares. My mom's picture was matted on a piece of celery green paper and dark purple paper. The butterfly was a pink one that I had in my stash that I sprayed with Lilac Glimmer Mists. The cream colored flower is a Prima, but the other two flowers were made up from flowers that came in the Wisteria kit. I then tied a green organza ribbon and a purple ribbon together along the bottom, hanging a flower charm and stamped tag from my stash.

I love how it turned out and it is now hanging in my sewing area next to a canvas that I had done using my dad's picture. Thanks for looking! Your next stop in the blog hop is Jen's blog.

21 comments:

  1. A great project to keep in mind next time I just want to play. lots of product to inspire and something to show for it when you're done. Great post - thanks, crazymom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--that project turned out great! Thanks for taking photos along the way. I always love to see the process. My jaw sorta dropped when I saw the final canvas. Its neat that the kit made you think of your mom. :) Thanks for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love altered canvases. You did a great job. Loved seeing your creative process!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW! What a transformation from the first photo! How beautiful. That is going to look fabulous on display.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the canvas and the process!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne, I love how you transformed this blank canvas into a work of art featuring your Mom. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tribute page - that is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the canvas Anne, and what a great way to spend time thinking of your Mom while creating it! Great idea, what a beautiful keepsake you've created here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect project to highlight that great picture of your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your project is gorgeous--the perfect background for that wonderful picture of your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anne, your canvas is awesome, it all comes together so nicely: the colors, the stamps, the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your canvas is wonderful and perfect for your mother's picture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful! I love all the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it when history and scrapbooking meet such a perfect pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful way to display a treasured photo of your Mom. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, what a great tribute to your mother!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! What a treasure!

    Blessings,
    Melitta

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love viewing the change from step 1 to the last step. Those colors are so pretty and highlight your Mom's picture so nicely. Love

    ReplyDelete