Welcome to Club Scrap's Tribal Blog Hop! If you've come from Anne's blog then you're in the right place. If you didn't come from there then you will want to go Club Scrap Creates blog and start at the beginning. You won't want to miss any of the great projects.
Since school is about to start and I used to home school and my hubby is a teacher my year runs from September through August. So I need a new planner for the coming year. I can never seem to find one that is functional and pretty and has what I want in it. So I decided to use the awesome Tribal kit to make one. I had 8" x 8" book boards already cut so I decided that was the size I would make the book. This month I got the Senior kit with the embellishment side. I have been getting stamps forever as my side but thought since my stamp shelves were getting pretty full that I would see if I could get by without any stamps. The cutouts, fibers and misc. embellishments worked great for the book. The other supplies I used was my computer and printer to print up my planner sheets and calendars. For the calendars, I found in my Club Scrap digi supplies a calendar kit that I purchased in 2008. It had a stamp for each month. I went in and erased the dates and redated the calendar using Typewriter font. I also used the Weekly Chronicles rubber stamp set for stamping the months on the dividers and a corner punch.
Ok, lets get started. First, I printed up my calendars and planner pages and trimmed them to measure 7 3/4" x 7 1/2". I then went through my stack of papers and decided which order I wanted them. I then cut the dividers into 7 3/4" squares.
Using my grid ruler and craft knife I trimmed the edge of the dividers so that I could see 3 months at a time. I then inked up the edges with Club Scrap Earth ink and stamped the months with Club Scrap India ink.
After the stamping was done I decorated the plain paper dividers which were every other month using the tags and brads that came in the embellishment side and using the leftover paper for mats and strips. I didn't want to use too many dimensional embellishments since that would create difficulties in closing the book and storing it.
This next picture shows the calendars that I used. I like to have my calendars on white paper with blank areas to put notes... usually phone numbers that I need to keep.
The next 2 pictures are the inside and outside of the back cover.
This is the front cover all ready to go. I didn't get a picture of the inside of the front, but I used a gorgeous printed red paper.
Everything is now ready for punching with the Bind-It-All.
All put together.
A close up of the fibers and beads used on the binding.
And the finished product. I can hardly wait for September to come and start using it. The planner is already sitting on my counter.
Thank you for coming! I hope you enjoyed my project. Your next stop is Shona's blog.