Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Club Scrap Tribal Blog Hop

Welcome to Club Scrap's Tribal Blog Hop! If you've come from Anne's blog then you're in the right place. If you didn't come from there then you will want to go Club Scrap Creates blog and start at the beginning. You won't want to miss any of the great projects.

Since school is about to start and I used to home school and my hubby is a teacher my year runs from September through August. So I need a new planner for the coming year. I can never seem to find one that is functional and pretty and has what I want in it. So I decided to use the awesome Tribal kit to make one. I had 8" x 8" book boards already cut so I decided that was the size I would make the book. This month I got the Senior kit with the embellishment side. I have been getting stamps forever as my side but thought since my stamp shelves were getting pretty full that I would see if I could get by without any stamps. The cutouts, fibers and misc. embellishments worked great for the book. The other supplies I used was my computer and printer to print up my planner sheets and calendars. For the calendars, I found in my Club Scrap digi supplies a calendar kit that I purchased in 2008. It had a stamp for each month. I went in and erased the dates and redated the calendar using Typewriter font. I also used the Weekly Chronicles rubber stamp set for stamping the months on the dividers and a corner punch.

Ok, lets get started. First, I printed up my calendars and planner pages and trimmed them to measure 7 3/4" x 7 1/2". I then went through my stack of papers and decided which order I wanted them. I then cut the dividers into 7 3/4" squares. 


Using my grid ruler and craft knife I trimmed the edge of the dividers so that I could see 3 months at a time. I then inked up the edges with Club Scrap Earth ink and stamped the months with Club Scrap India ink.


After the stamping was done I decorated the plain paper dividers which were every other month using the tags and brads that came in the embellishment side and using the leftover paper for mats and strips. I didn't want to use too many dimensional embellishments since that would create difficulties in closing the book and storing it.



This next picture shows the calendars that I used. I like to have my calendars on white paper with blank areas to put notes... usually phone numbers that I need to keep.

The next 2 pictures are the inside and outside of the back cover.


This is the front cover all ready to go. I didn't get a picture of the inside of the front, but I used a gorgeous printed red paper.

Everything is now ready for punching with the Bind-It-All.

All put together.

A close up of the fibers and beads used on the binding.

And the finished product. I can hardly wait for September to come and start using it. The planner is already sitting on my counter.


Thank you for coming! I hope you enjoyed my project. Your next stop is Shona's blog.

24 comments:

  1. Totally stunning !! A marvelous creation. Thank you for showing us :-)

    IKE xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your planner is absolutely beautiful. Each page is a feast to look at. Wishing your family a wonderful school year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! gorgeous, love the way your project turned out. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your planner. It's beautiful and will be great to use during the next year. Almost too beautiful to use! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang girl, I'd be afraid to write in it! What a great use of the kit-how did you bring yourself to cut the paper??

    ReplyDelete
  6. NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL A PLANNER!! Love this!
    Thanks for the step outs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my--this is gorgeous. What a wonderful custom-made planner just for you! I'm sure you'll get lots of compliments throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this project! Can't find something you need at any store...then make it yourself, right? I could so use one of these, are you taking orders? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really wonderful planner you have and yes I can certainly understand being excited to start using it, it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! This will be the envy of the school.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, great idea, specially when you can never find the kind organizer that really fits your own needs . . . thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I really love this idea! and who can't use a great planner? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! I think this would make me want to use and maaaaybe become somewhat organized. Very nice job creating this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cover design! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a way cool project, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh I love this. Its just so beautiful and the stamped sentiments is perfect for words of encouragement.

    TFS An'Jenic-

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is gorgeous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i really cannot get over the beautiful creations throughout this blog hop using these gorgeous stamps. i am so impressed! thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. There's so much to look at here--looks like grand fun. And practical.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, awesome planner to say the least! You'll enjoy using this so much, it's so great!

    ReplyDelete