Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Graffiti Blog Hop

Welcome to Club Scrap's Graffiti Blog Hop! So glad you stopped in. If this is your first stop, you might want to go back to Club Scrap Creates and start at the beginning so that you don't miss any of the wonderful projects.

This month I was in a bit of a bind. I needed to cancel my Club Scrap paper kit due to two kids going off to college in the near future. I kept my digital membership however. So, my challenge was to not only make something with the digital kit, and since my color printer isn't printing correctly I could only print in black & white on our laser printer.

I finally decided to make some cards. I had picked up the neon ink pads that Club Scrap is now selling in their store and thought I could make some art backgrounds. I also used some metallic reinkers for three of the cards.

The first 3 cards I used metallic reinkers for the background. I dabbed them on glossy paper using a baby wipe. After it dried I printed the designs onto the paper. On this first card I used a red Copic pen to color in the Love design and the heart brad at the bottom. Paper used for the  cards are from kits that are no longer available. I used paper from Graitude (2009), Salsa (2003), Time & Space (2003) & Vogue (2010).







The next four cards I inked up my embossing folders with the neon ink and then ran the folder through my Cuttlebug. The sentiments were printed on white glossy paper that I had swiped the neon ink pads across first.

These cards all use papers from old kits that are no longer available. I used paper from Salsa (2003), Mosaic Twist (2005), Time & Space (2003) & Vogue (2010).




Thanks for looking! Your next stop on the way is Shona's blog!

20 comments:

  1. Condolences on the temporary cancellation but you have come through with flying colors on your blog. Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, I totally agree with Annette and wasn't it fun to try and match everything up with all those papers you still have?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love how you were able to incorporate so many different, artful techniques into your digital collection. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, love how you used your digi kit to create such a fantastic array of color and artsy cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've really done beautiful work with the digi kit, Ann. Aren't the neon inks perfect for this one?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great cards and I'll try your background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann, what a great way to make do with what you have and showcase those neon ink pads! I love the embossed cards - I'm going to have to try that technique out! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job only using digital and papers on hand, they are all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your creative, inspiring cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne, those are all fantastic, I especially love the embossed ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite Creative! I like the mix of the metallic and color. The embossing folder backgrounds are so crisp and bright. Wonderful cards for no kit paper. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you got very creative! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those neon inks used with the embossing folders! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are really cute cards, Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I just need to stop being an adult and PLAY! OK, maybe for an hour today???

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well it doesn't look like you were in a bind at all! Fabulous cards with combining digital with all your art techniques! Everyone on your card giving list is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous cards Ann love those backgrounds wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute card designs and colors.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete