Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Oopsie Daisy Blog Hop

Welcome to Club Scrap's Oopsie Daisy Blog hop! I'm so glad you're here. If this is your first stop, you might want to go back to the beginning at Club Scrap's blog. You won't want to miss any of the stops.

I was looking at past hop's that I've done and July seems to be a month for altered art for me. Last year I did a canvas with the Wisteria kit. This year is no different. But this time the altered canvas is for me! I also will share a digital layout I did and a couple of cards. I rejoined Club Scrap, but this time with the Stamp kit. So I used the stamps and some of the paper for my canvas along with my Silhouette.

First up is the digi layout I did. I used a free template from Scrapping With Liz. Everything used is from the digital kit. The alpha is altered. Since it was patterned and didn't show very well on the layout, I selected it and filled it in with a matching color. The background paper has an overlay on it that I flipped and then changed the blend mode.


Next up are the 2 cards that I made. When I made these I had no intention of getting the Stamp kit. So I cut out a couple of the daisies on my silhouette making a stencil. On the first card I took the cut out daisy and colored around it with Club Scrap Earth ink. I then used the stencil to color the inside. The base paper for both cards is Culinary green (March 2004). The mat on this first card is actually gold and is from County Fair (July 2004).


The 2nd card I used glossy photo paper and colored with Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Big Brush markers to make a background. I then took the large daisy I cut out and drew around it and hand drew the inside lines to make it look like a daisy. It is matted on Private Eye green (October 2008) and then on the Culinary green card base. I left the card plain since everything I tried on it didn't look right. It has a stamped sentiment on the inside from Oopsie Daisy UM Collection stamps.


For the canvas, I'm not going to show every step, but the main ones. First I painted my canvas. I used straw, white and gold acrylic paint. I then used the stencil that came in the Wisteria kit, I really like this trellis, using gold acrylic paint to stencil it.


I had a doily that I must have bought 20 years ago and never used for my sewing projects. I thought it would look nice on the canvas. I then sprayed gold and bronze glimmer spray to 'antique' the doily.

I cut the flowers out of the Oopsie Daisy Stamp kit paper on my Silhouette. I decided 3 layers were enough. I assembled them and then sprayed with gold and bronze glimmer spray to give them a bit of shimmer.

I used the black ribbon that came in the kit to anchor the flowers on the doily. The mat isn't attached at this point I was playing around to see where I thought it would look best.

And here is the finished project. The stamp sentiment came in the Vogue (December 2010) kit. I don't remember which kit the white paper came out of. Maybe Color In Black & White (April 2006) or it could have been Serengeti. I love the texture with the smooth finish and it stamps really nice. Whenever it was I stocked up when the paper was available. Under the sentiment I stamped the framed daisy stamp from the UM Collection stamps. I have a close up, but the camera couldn't seem to catch it. Even though it is stamped in CS Sandstone ink you can see it in real life. Makes a nice subtle texture in the background. I finished it off with a bead 'earring' using beads from past kits and 4 copper brads from the kit. Some day I will have all those beads used up.

Thanks for coming and looking! Your next stop on the way is Debby!

19 comments:

  1. What a great array of projects! Each so pretty in their own way.

    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowser...what a great selection of projects!
    NICE!!!

    pat-czap

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am staring at your digi creation. Looks like real paper! Your shadowing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful - you have done such wonderful stuff this month. than k you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The canvas in fantastic! The printed paper within the flowers is my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The canvas you do is gorgeous. I love your digi layout too! You were busy this month! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann, I simply adore all that you have done here. The canvas is a masterpiece.. you had me at paper flowers!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy, you've used two of my favorite Club Scrap rubber stamped quotes, we've got a lot of similar tastes going on here haha! Your projects are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your projects are great. I really like how you filled in the Oopsie Daisy digital alpha letters with color...it really makes them pop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything you shared is wonderful, I just relocated that Vogue stamp as well it is so special. Thanks for sharing and so glad you are enjoying the stamp kit too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anne,so many wonderful projects. Digital scrapbooking is notmy thing, but your pages look wonderful. All the cards have interesing techniques to try. Thanks for all your inspisration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great stuff!! so many goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your canvas is beautiful! Thank you for showing the steps in the process. I also like the creative way you used the digital kit to make a page and cards. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I love how the individual steps and elements just fell into place to create a beautiful work of art. Fantastic! Thank you for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful canvas! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ann your projects are all gorgeous and that canvas oh my word how stunning great job GF.

    ReplyDelete