Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Cinema Blog Hop

Welcome to Club Scrap's Cinema blog hop! If this is your first stop, I highly recommend that you go to Club Scrap Creates to see the full list so you can check out all of the blogs participating.

I had big intentions of using the Stamp kit to make a project, but I have spent a good chunk of the month away from home mostly visiting grandchildren. Lots of fun, but no time in my creative space. I knew my grandson's 7th month pictures were coming up and I mentioned to my daughter-in-law what this months kit theme was and she came through with some darling pictures.

The first 2 layouts are based on the layout card that comes with each kit. It was perfect for all the pictures. On the first page I used a digital stamp for the 'Here's lookin' at you, kid.' sentiment. The 2nd page I typed right on the clapboard my grandson's name and date the pictures were taken and played with blending options to get the look that I liked.


This next layout I shared already in the Art Gallery at Club Scrap's forum. I used multiple layers of papers, overlays and blending options to make the background. Then I dropped the premade photo cluster, added the alpha title, photo and then the date and it was done. Nice and easy layout even though it looks complicated.

The last layout I used a template from my stash. The cluster of elements is made using items from Cinema, Time of Your Life and Comfort Zone kits. The background paper was made using one of the papers from the kit and adding a couple of overlays and a mask. The grunge edge was from my stash that I clipped one of the kit papers to. The template had a ticket on it already. I made a matching paper by filling new 12 x 12-inch file in Photoshop with a matching color from the color wheel provided by Club Scrap on their blog and added a texture overlay to it. I then clipped it to the ticket shape and used a digital stamp from the kit to 'print' it. The oval frame shape was also on the template and I made another matching paper with the same texture as the first one and clipped it to the shape. I then added a drop shadow and stroke to it. I was really pleased with how it turned out.
template by fiddle-dee-dee designs

Thanks for looking! Your next stop on the way is Debby.

18 comments:

  1. Very very well done here - beautifyul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous digital pages! And Soren is adorable. Having great material to work with always helps! Thank you for hopping with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages and subject! It's wonderful that your daughter-in-law played along with the theme. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed at all your digi hybrid folks!! Your stuff always looks so professional!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grandson is totally adorable with that bow tie on! So cute!! Love the pages you did. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann, your grandson is so adorable! And you made some wonderful pages to go along with those great photos. I love the background pages that you made too - thanks for showing us all that digi can do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh adorable Ann! I just don't think your grandson or these layouts could be any cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ann, oh my gosh, he is just the cutest! Love all the layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely adorable pages! Your grandson is the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous pages Ann and what a doll baby he is ....love them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonder pages and what a great idea for the photo shoot of the star. Thank you for sharing how you created these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful pages and such a great idea for a photo shoot. Thank you for sharing that sweet little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just adorable, your digital pages all came out wonderful, but your grand baby is a real hoot! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great layouts for an adorable grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowzers! Great digital layouts. It sure helps that your grandson is precious!

    ReplyDelete