Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Club Scrap Lakes Blog Hop

Welcome to Club Scrap's Lakes blog hop. I'm so glad you're here. If this is your first stop, you will want to make sure you go to the beginning to see the list of all the participants. There are always many amazing, inspiring projects and you won't want to miss any.

Today, as always, I have a couple of digital layouts to share with you. I love using templates and have accumulated quite a few free ones. This first layout uses a free template by Scrappin' With Liz, one that she offered in August. Templates are so nice since all you have to do is decide which papers and elements to use. The placement is already suggested. You can change things out if you want to, but really don't need to. Everything in this layout is from Lakes except the starfish which is from Club Scrap's Castaway kit and the sentiment stamp from By the Seashore Classic. Club Scrap always lets us know what fonts they used with each kit. This time around they used Nautik. So I used it for my title and journaling.



This next layout I was playing with layers, masks and blending modes. During my blog browsing one day I ran across a paper layout that intrigued me. I filed the technique away in my brain, however I didn't file away the name of the blog or artist. I didn't even pin it to go back to later! The artist had adhered a photo to a piece of paper and then proceeded to paint on the edges. I loved the effect and tried to do that on my layout. First I chose one of the sand papers from the kit. I added a gesso or paint overlay from Club Scrap's Up, Up & Away kit. It toned the sand down so that the photo would stand out more. Next I added a light grey roundish mask (from my stash) and clipped one of the gorgeous water color papers to it. I added a rectangular photo mask (from my stash) and clipped the photo to it. The masked paper behind the photo then appeared to be painted over the top of the photo due to the photo masks transparency on the edges. Next onto the layout was the sandcastle stamp in grey. I then layered the torn corrugated paper border from Club Scrap's Random Doorways kit and clipped another watercolor paper from Lakes changing the blend mode to overlay. Last up was the border strip, date and elements. The staples on the tag were also from my stash of digi supplies.


Thanks for looking! Your next stop on the way is Debby!

15 comments:

  1. Both of your LO's are darling. You have the perfect subjects for your scrappin which I'm sure makes it lots of fun :)
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts and I do love those templates as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pages are just adorable! Thanks for sharing some of the neat digital techniques you played with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always amazes me how realistic the digital layouts look and the baby photo layout is just beautiful! Well done Ann!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pages warm my heart, so sweet in this cold November month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your sandpaper and ripped edge technique! (The baby is cute too!) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SWEET pictures! Oh my goodness that is a cute baby! Great LO's Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty layouts! Love the technique

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice way to use templates with different papers - I just love these layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cute dear children to feature on your great digi layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the border and the accents in the corners!

    ReplyDelete
  13. as always Ann your pages are gorgeous and the subject matter for these 2 pages are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete