Wednesday, February 25, 2015

London Calling Blog Hop

Welcome to Club Scrap's London Calling Blog Hop! If this is your first stop please go back to the beginning and check out the other blogs. All the projects are inspiring and you won't want to miss any of them.

When I saw first saw the London Calling digital kit I knew I had the perfect photos to use. My little grandson turned one last month and his mom did a smash cake photo shoot with him. So adorable! But I am a little bit biased.

This first layout uses one of the papers and an overlay of London for the background paper. I added the photo mask that came with the kit and clipped a close up of the cake with his little hand to it. The cake title used the alpha that was in the kit. For the tag cluster I used a premade cluster that included the ribbons and clip and added the tag. There weren't any tags in the kit, so I pulled one out of my stash and clipped one of the kit papers to it and stamped the phone booth on it to decorate. A button was also added to the tag.



The next 2 layouts use the same photos. I wanted to show you how using different templates, but the same photos and kit can give you completely different looks.

The first layout I used a couple of stamps to decorate the triangles. I also used the moustache stamp to decorate one of the photos.
(template by Scrapping with Liz)


The last layout was a Christmas template but I loved the big photo area. All you have to do to use a template for other occasions is to replace the Christmas items with the elements of your choice. The elements on a template are just place holders and suggestions. I ended up using clock faces, gear flower and gears from Club Scrap's Time of Your Life digital kit, greenery from Castaway digital kit, staples from Gratitude expansion digital kit and bottle caps from Bold Blooms digital kit.
(template by Fiddle-dee-dee Designs)

I couldn't decide which layout I liked better. Guess I'll have to ask my daughter-in-law which one she likes since it will be going into a book for her.

Thank you looking! Kay is your next stop in the hop. You won't want to miss what she is sharing today.

19 comments:

  1. What fun pictures on your beautiful lay out. Cheerio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and perfect for these layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ALL of the layouts! How would it be possible to choose just one? And it looks like the little guy really cooperated in his smash cake photo shoot. Adorable photos! (I think my favorite is how you paired the "Blessed are the curious . . ." quote with the photo right before he got into the cake.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would choose all the layouts. Beauyiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann, I just love your digital layouts of the little ones! Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's that little cutie pie again! Darling layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Could your one year old grandson be any more cute?!? and the pic with the little mustache is so funny and cute of course. Your layouts are lovely, thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun are those digital layouts! I don't think I could chose a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful layouts. Sweet photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tie paired with the mustache is so adorable! I love how you swapped that one layout from holiday to this occasion, I think we tend to not think "outside" the box esp with these pre-done templates!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow Ann what great photo's to go on these pages your grandson looks like he was really enjoying his birthday....oh and a great tie...too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ann! I just love your digi LO's! They ALL look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete