Wednesday, March 25, 2015

50s Kitchen Blog Hop

Welcome to Club Scrap's 50s Kitchen Blog Hop. So glad you're here. If this is your first stop I hope you will go to the beginning and check out the complete list of bloggers. You won't want to miss any of the stops on the way.

This month I was able to add the Deluxe kit to the kits I receive so you will get a paper project as well as a digital layout. I'm so excited to be able to share what I do with the paper kit each month. So first up I'll show my digital layout.

Because of the era of the kit I turned my photos to black and white. Besides, what my kiddo's were wearing didn't match anyway. Everything comes from the kit except the flower, the eyelet, the brads and the bookplate. The flower, eyelet and brads are from my stash and the bookplate, which I recolored, is from Club Scrap's Geometrics kit. I put a bevel on the cherries to make them more dimensional. The cupcake I added a bevel and then added colors to the frosting and the cupcake paper. And of course I used a template to make the whole thing go together faster.

(template by Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs)

Next up is my main project. When I first saw the kit at the beginning of the month it screamed recipes to me. It did that for a lot of people since I saw a couple of posts on Club Scrap's blog with recipe related projects. I went ahead and did mine up anyway. It is going to be a gift for one of my girls. First up is a picture of the kit that I received. Lots of goodies.


I first cut a recipe box out using my Silhouette and glued it together. When you take the lid off, the front is cut down so that you can see the recipe cards.
(You can get the pattern here or here.)

I also cut out dividers for the box. I wrote by hand the names of the categories on the dividers. I didn't decorate these since I wanted to be able to get as many recipes as I could into the box.

I did up blank recipe cards using the stamp graphics that came with the digital kit. My daughters write teeny tiny so the lines being close together won't bother them.

I also printed up recipes and then stamped images on the cards. The box is full of recipes that are favorites of our family. My recipe program does a pretty good job printing the recipes on 4x6 cards.

This next picture is of the finished box. I inked up the cherry stamp and when it was dry covered it with glossy accents. The ribbon and tag are from the kit. The medallion I cut with my Silhouette.

I was on a roll, and had need of a birthday card so out of the scraps I made a card to give to my daughter-in-law. The washi tape was a fun accent to add.

The best thing is I still have lots of paper and goodies left to make some pages for my scrapbook.

Hope you enjoyed my projects as much as I had making them. Your next stop on the way is Kay!

21 comments:

  1. Awesome - love that you combine paper and digital in your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful hybrid scrap page and such a great recipe box! This kit makes such happy cardsand projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Love the recipe box and all the extras and of course a darling lo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful array of projects this month! I adore them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love the recipe cards both filled in and blank, which program do you use? I have Paprika on my tablet but nothing as far as a printing one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Cookin' for my recipe program to print my recipes. The blank cards I made up using PhotoShop.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful projects! Loved your digital page. The recipie box is my favorite. Thanks for the ideas. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, what a fun project and of course, this is the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw this fun kit - Recipes!! LOL great minds think alike. ;)
    Love the digital layout as always - you have a great eye for layout design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great projects! Good idea to change your pics to black and white--really go well with this kit. And the recipe box and cards are so practical. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great page, recipe box and card! I love the detail you added to the recipe box!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great projects! I love your digital work, but I'm so glad to see you playing with real paper again, too. Your girls will love the recipe boxes, they will be a wonderful keepsake some day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome idea! I know your girls will love and cherish this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The B&W pics look awesome on your LO. OK where can I get the Silhouette recipe box template? Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, Lori Whitlock has it in her store. http://www.loriwhitlock.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_26&product_id=2927 You can also get it from the Silhouette store.

      Delete
  13. That recipe box is too cute! What a wonderful keepsake to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great LO,love the box and recipe cards, and that b-day card is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many nifty things from this wonderful kit! I love that you adjusted your photos to B&W; it gives them a little bit of a vintage feel which is perfect with this LO!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great digi LO as always, with adorable photos! Brilliant Birthday card and recipe box, all such great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super projects! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ann loving all your projects especially that cute recipe box the dividers and cards what a wonderful job you did on them.

    ReplyDelete