Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Blues Club Scrap Blog Hop

Welcome to Club Scrap's May blog hop, The Blues. If this is your first stop, please go to the beginning and check out the rest of the blogs that are involved. You won't want to miss any of the projects.

I was so excited to get this month's kit since my husband is a music teacher. I love all the blue paper in the kit. He teaches High School choir, beginning band and general music. He also teaches piano privately. So I made a new scrapbook for him. It has been a number of years since I made the last one so I am past due. It is set up to add things as he gets them. The dates will be added after it is full.

The first picture is of the kit parts that I received. I get the Deluxe kit, Embellishment side and this time I picked up the Borders & Background stamps.


I cut my pages 8.5 x 8 inches to allow space for the binding. After cutting I inked up the edges using Club Scrap's Sapphire hybrid ink pad. I used my Bind-It-All for this project.

I decorated all the pages before binding it to make it easier. Below are a few of the decorated pages. I made sure there was space for large photos as well as school pictures. I also made sure there were blank pages so that programs and tickets could be added. The High School choir always has a spring trip to Seattle to go to a musical (this year it was Phantom of the Opera), a concert or to the EMP (Experience Music Project).




All ready for binding. I was pretty pleased that I didn't get it too thick. I had 2 matching pieces of cardboard in my stash that I trimmed to 8 3/4 x 8 1/4 and covered with card stock for the front and back covers.

And it is done! First picture shows the front. The 2nd picture shows the binding with ribbons and tag. The tag will be dated when the book is full.




Thank you so much for looking and hopping! Your next stop on the way is Cathy.

20 comments:

  1. What a lovely album and this kit sounds like it was a perfect fit for your dh's needs! How wonderful :) I'm sure he and the kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do one of these for my children. One is beginning piano , and the other will start in a year and a half when she is old enough. thanks for the great project idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute project and you remind me that I need to get my bind it all out too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't is great when a kit fits something in your life so perfectly? Love your project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful small layouts perfect for album.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, kudos to your husband for being a choir AND band AND general music teacher at a high school! This beautiful handmade book will honor his work in a wonderful way. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Ann, what a wonderful homemade scrapbook for him to keep his photos in, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful and meaningful keepsake for your husband. So glad this kit "fit" your needs so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a precious keepsake to document a music career!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann this is gorgeous and I know your hubby will so enjoy it....love the rich colors of this kit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous album! It really displays these beautiful papers that are in this kit. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Album! I sure your husband will be thrilled with it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That bookis stunning Ann, it will make the pictures stand out even more. It also makes a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderfully clever and functional way to feature your great husband's hard work, it's beautiful! Thanks so much for showing how much goes into a great project like this one, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm always inspired by a project that incorporates many elements. All those choices come together in a lovely album I'm sure will be cherished by your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This book will be a treasured memory! It is beautiful. I am inspired to pull out my Bind-It -All that I just had to have when it came out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful album and this kit is perfect for him and you for creating, how nice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was intrigued with this kit too, we are also a musical family! What a perfect kit for musicians. I love that you made the book ahead of time, great idea! You'll have to post a pic when you fill it!

    ReplyDelete