Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Club Scrap Cantina Blog Hop

Welcome to Club Scrap's Cantina blog hop! I'm so glad you're here. If this is your first stop, you might want to go here to see the list of bloggers so that you don't miss any of the wonderful projects shared today.

One of the stamps in this kit caught my eye. I thought it would be appropriate to use it on a canvas to hang in my kitchen. At one point it seemed I spent all my time in the kitchen. Having 6 kiddo's will do that to you. Now I only have one at home, at least during the school year, and I don't spend near as much time in the kitchen but I know that the kids will enjoy the wall art when they are visiting.

First I painted the 10 x 10 inch canvas. I used Club Scrap neon inks for my paint. I dribbled re-inkers on a non-stick surface and wiped the canvas on it and then used a brush to add more color and fill in the empty places. I decided part of it needed to be muted so I added several layers of white acrylic paint. On the left I used a stencil for some texture using gesso.



Next I stamped some flowers on white tissue paper using the neon inks. These were torn out and glued to the bottom of the canvas. Some of the tissue disappears onto the canvas and some shows. I love the look it gave.



The deluxe kit came with a stencil, so I used the cute banner part of the stencil to make myself a banner. I cut it out along with a narrow strip at the top which I colored using a silver marker. This was attached along the top of the canvas with dimensional glue dots.



I printed the saying on a piece of vellum and attached it to the canvas using the super cute button brads that came in the Deluxe kit.



Thank you so much for looking! Your next stop on the way is Kay.

22 comments:

  1. Cute project and definitely going to case this for my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific art project! I love the techniques you used! Make me want to try them right now! LOVE being able to use all the neons with the whole Cantina kit!!! A match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great (that is one of my favorite stencils too!) 6 kids and 3 grands means plenty of time still in the kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann this is wonderful. Love everything you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So colorful and cheerful for the kitchen! (I love that saying, too.) Congrats on having enough patience to trim out the banner . . . it was well worth the effort, as it really finishes off the project nicely. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun sentiment (I definitely relate) and a fun and cheery canvas for your kitchen!! Great job Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, this is soooooo cute! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the use of the vellum and the tissue paper - the softened look is perfect for this piece! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful canvas, Ann and it could have any sentiment,but the one you pciked is absolutely great! I can see it hanging in your kitchen en everyone chucle when looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely great! You must have been tickled how this turned out, I just love the bright artsy cleverness of it and the great saying is so fun with it, thanks for sharing Ann, it rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL...that's great! I love it and I'm sure they will all get a good laugh from it :) What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute idea. Love your canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a serious CASE contender! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect for the kitchen! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so dang cute! I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a colorful addition to your kitchen! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry for being so late in stopping in, but it's been a busy time with Retreat preparations. I adore the canvas. What fun!!! Thanks for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Annie....I need that canvas in my kitchen...GF I love the colors on this and how you have added the pretty flowers....awesome.

    ReplyDelete