Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Woven Strands Blog Hop

Welcome to Club Scrap's Woven Strands blog hop! I'm so glad that you stopped by. If this is your first stop, please go here and check out the list of all the bloggers. You won't want to miss any of the projects being shared today.

I needed a gift for a special person in my life and so I thought I would do wall art again but this time in a frame. I don't have step-by-steps to show you this month, only the final picture.


The design on the white paper was begging to be cut out and matted. Using a craft knife I carefully cut out the inside of the designs. I tried multiple colors behind it and decided the burgandy paper was a perfect match. The white mat for the sentiment was first stamped with a tree image in CS Sandstone and the sentiment stamped on top with CS India ink. It is matted with the same burgandy paper and with the dark green paper with a silver embroidered accent which came in the kit. I finished it off with a few of the rhinestones that also came in the kit.

I have a layout to share with you as well using the digital kit. Everything is from Woven Strands digital kit except the mask used on the photo which came from my stash and the distressed edge overlay which came from CS Arts n Crafts digital kit.


Your next stop in the hop is Donna!

22 comments:

  1. Both beautiful projects and I have that mask as well and use it quite frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. That was a great idea for the wall art! And of course the LO and picture are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wall art is great, but I LOVE the LO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous wall art! I'm sure the quote will be very meaningful to the recipient. :) Beautiful layout, too! Thanks for hopping along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo fancy cutting, my favorite! Nice job with it and the burgandy behind it is a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wall art is amazing. Cutting out all that negative space took real commitment, but the finished artwork makes it worthwhile. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful wall art! What a tedious cutting job, but it turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's a lot of work with the craft knife, but totally worth it. What a lovely gift! Your digi layout is beautfiul, too. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ann - absolutely love the fussy cutting in the patterned paper!! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice gift and the Digital LO is really awesome, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the layout is adorable and great wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Ann what a special gift for your friend and all the work that went into you cutting around that image.....as always you have the perfect kit to go with those beautiful pages.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ann, that is a beautiful framed piece of artwork. Your lay out is just so sweet with the girls and the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful framed piece. Such detail cutting out the design! Love your LO too! Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love your framed art work. The receipient is a very lucky person.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a lot of patience for that fussy cutting - I bet the stencil would work well with that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't believe you cut out that design without a trip to the ER! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both are beautiful! Great gift idea making it into a wall art!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete