Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Transformations Blog Hop

Welcome to Club Scrap's Transformations blog hop. So glad that you're here! If this is your first stop, please go to the first stop to check the list of bloggers so that you don't miss out on any of the awesome projects.

This month's kit has lots of luscious, soothing colors. I wasn't really sure at first what I wanted to do with the kit. I really didn't want to cut it up. But then I got to thinking about how I've been in denial this past year that my kids are growing/grown up. However, this past summer my oldest nephew was married and it hit me that out of 6 kiddos only the youngest child still lives at home and she is a sophomore in high school. The next oldest is a sophomore in college. Yikes! I'm losing my slave labor chore helpers. Since it has been 25+ years since I've had to do all the chores around the house (6 kids help a lot with getting chores done) I decided to do up a booklet to help me remember just what needs to be done each day. I chose a mini album that I have in my Silhouette library. This one has 6 envelopes with tabbed cards. I used a mix of papers, stamps and embellishments that came with the kit to cut out and decorate my chore card system. The day stamps and the line/journaling stamp are retired Club Scrap stamps from Weekly Chronicles and Just Dandy kits respectively.

Hope you enjoy my project!

These are the pieces.

All put together. I couldn't find instructions anywhere on how to put this mini book together. Took just a wee bit of time figuring it out.

The cards after being stamped. I haven't added the chores yet. Didn't think you needed to see my lists since I know you have lists of your own. Just fill in the blank. :)

 A close up of the envelope pages with tabbed cards.

A picture of the front cover. I used a self-adhesive Velcro circle to hold it closed. The coin is from the kit and the Gingko leaf was stamped and then colored over using the stencil that came in the kit and popped up with those nice little foam squares.

And the final picture of it open.

Thanks for looking! Your next stop on the hop is Kay

21 comments:

  1. Ann,that came out absolutely stunning! The color combo of this kit brings out the best in your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Ann, this is an wonderful little book. I just love anything with tabs and pockets. Great job!! PS. I am going to have to go looking for that cute little mini to use on my Silhouette!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! It would be fun to make one of these for my monthly CS task rotation. But it would have to be an awfully large book! Does it provide inspiration to actually DO those chores? :) So sorry about the loss of your "chore helpers".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann that is just beautiful - love your choices of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of a chore book. Too bad I am too disorganized to follow something like that (LOL). With six chore helpers I now understand your blog name! Beatiful use of the kit! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So clever! That would also be an awesome gift.
    Perfect with this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful idea!! I need one for my granddaughters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! It's too serene and calm for chores!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a cute album! Love the pockets and cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty album, it must really help with remembering to check the chores :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun little book! Such a great idea for chores. Unfortunately - my youngest son moved out 3 months ago so I'm on my own now. I really miss my slave labor ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so awesome. The album is so cute and is so great with the Transformation papers. Makes me want to go make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun way to store the chores! Its a great project, even your stamping on the cards is just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great project! You may have a big list of chores to get done, but at least you can cross "make awesome project" off the list. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this - thanks for sharing. I will have to get my friend to let me borrow her Silhouette! Altho Christmas is coming....

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful little book. You could really use it for almost anything, but I love it just as you have it too. You did an amazing job on this and it turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute little album, but have you added chores to it yet? :) No kids here, and the cats tend to cause chores, not help with them!

    ReplyDelete