Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Club Scrap Big Top Blog Hop

Welcome to Club Scrap's Big Top blog hop!  I'm happy that you stopped by. If this is your first stop, you might want to go here to check out the whole list of hops. I wouldn't want you to miss any of the stops along the way.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do with this month's kit. My kids are mostly grown-up and not interested in going to a circus. At least the one's who aren't married and don't have kids. My oldest daughter called me one evening to chat and she mentioned that her husband was going to take their oldest daughter to the circus that weekend. I love coinkydinks like this one. I told her I just happened to have the perfect kit to go with the pictures that were going to be taken and please make sure that pictures are taken! She told me later that this was going to be the last tour of the circus with their elephants. So sad.

Anyway, I decided a mini book would be the best way to go for little fingers to go back and look at the pictures from that memorable day. So I pulled out my Silhouette again and cut out what I needed for a 4 x 6 pocket album. Last month the cards pulled out from the top of the pocket. This month they pull out like library cards.

This picture shows the book ready to assemble. I inked all the edges before assembling.

I love this animal print that was included. Made me remember all the times I went to the circus. The elephants were always my favorite.

There is space for 18 photos and/or memorabilia. I cut the cards to make them look like tickets. There was cute striped Washi tape as well in the kit and I used it in a couple of places.

Part of the cut outs were index tabs. They are so cute. And of course I had to use them on the cards embellished with ribbon stapled on by my trusty Toto.

 
A couple of the inside pages. Four of the pockets had this blue print on them that I embellished with ribbon that came with the kit. Two of the pockets were made from green print paper that was great on their own. I didn't want to add too much and make the book too bulky to close when the photos were added.

   
And the cover. Make sure you click on the photos if you want a close up. I'm excited since while you're looking at this my granddaughter will be helping me add the photos. Hope you enjoyed my project!

Thank you for looking. Your next stop on the hop is Lisa!

20 comments:

  1. I adore the pink ribbon tabs on your mini album. Great work Ann!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! What a treasure for your granddaughter, both for her experience at the circus and that of adding pictures to the book with you. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a super fun tag book project,Ann.
    It looks totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marvelous little book, and just in the nick of time! Enjoy making memories with your grand daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely little album and such perfect timing as well. I'm sure she'll cherish it for a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the pockets in this mini album, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!! Fits the kit to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the interactive nature of your mini album and I bet your granddaughter will too! A ton of great ideas in there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! I am sure you will have tons of fun adding photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ann! I love this cute photo album. Thanks for showing it off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great use of kit - the colors really pop - love the tabbies!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this album- and how fun for you and your granddaughter to fill with photos from the circus!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh your granddaughter is going to love this, a great keepsake for her for sure! It's simply adorable Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't you love it when a plan comes together like that? We always loved the circus as a kid and I just happened to spot a few of those elephants at Disney World last week ;)

    ReplyDelete