Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Club Scrap Garden Shed blog hop

Hi! So glad you stopped in to see my project I made using Club Scrap's Garden Shed kit. If you didn't get here from Club Scrap's page, you will want to go here to see all the links for this Blog Hop.

My project was inspired by this post. I love Deb's project and since my hubby and I have always had a garden I've wanted a place to store all my garden seeds that would be nice to look at, organized and easy to find. This is what it looks like at this time. Very difficult to find what you're looking for!


I decided that I wanted a lid. And since my garden plans are currently on a clipboard I left off the part for the garden journal. A clipboard works better for my hubby and I to work off since we take turns in the garden. Sometimes he plants, sometimes I plant. The clipboard hangs in the stairwell ready to grab. I found a shoe box that I liked from one of my favorite pairs of shoes. Easy to decorate since it was white. I ended up getting both the deluxe kit and the lite kit this month. Did I say I like to garden? I love this month's kit! Shown are the shoe box, kits and stamps that I'm using.


First I decided how many dividers I needed, chose the papers and cut them on my Silhouette Cameo. I ended up cutting out tabs from light colored paper so that the labels would show up. I printed labels on clear shipping labels using Non watercolor font that was used in the kit. Some of the dividers are stamped and some are cut out of printed paper. I think I ended up with 35 dividers. After all I have vegetable, flower and herb seeds to sort. Oops, I didn't get a picture of the dividers. There is a picture at the end that shows them finished and in the box.

Next I decorated the box. The lid and sides got the gorgeous prints to show off. Everything got grunged up with Club Scrap Hybrid Earth Ink.




I really love how it turned out. A bonus is hubby likes it too! He especially loves having the seeds sorted by category.



Thank you for looking!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome - great idea and very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful way to organize your seed packets. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, this is gorgeous! Holds a LOT more than my li'l box. Love the dividers idea. Well done, and thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing project! Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann, what a gorgeous box!! Love the unique shape of the lid! I might need to save my seeds for next year too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a nice useful size and gorgeous too! And all those dividers, how cool!

    ReplyDelete